Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Wednesday Sign-Up

Discussion Leader and Social Cultural History Sign-Up (Wednesday Only)
In the comment section below, please sign-up for both a discussion leader slot and a social/cultural history presentation slot. When signing up please include your name, class, and the dates you are selecting. Everyone needs to sign up for one of each. Time-slots will go to the first person to sign up. If you need to change times, this will have to be negotiated between students. If you have any concerns, please e-mail me. 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Could I please do a social history presentation for week 15 on Ancient Chinese Art? Does that count?
Thanks
-Katie

GSP said...

@Katie that's fine, however you should try to keep the focus quite narrow. So pick one type of art from one era or one particular genre or style, etc.

@Everyone make sure that you sign up for both a presentation and a discussion leader spot.

Unknown said...

I would like to do my social/cultural history presentation 17 (in between two debate tournaments.) That week is supposed to be "Introduction to Rome," so could I do it on early Roman culture as opposed to the later more refined culture?

And I would like to be discussion leader week 19 about the Roman Republic.

Thanks!
~Christopher

"When life gives you lemons, make ORANGE JUICE and leave the world wondering how you did it." -Anonymous

Sam said...

I would to be discussion leader for week 29: Constantine and the transformation of Christianity.

Thanks
-Sam

Unknown said...

Hi everyone,

One of the things that I found to be interesting in this weeks textbook reading was the section on page 155 that was about Chinese Characters. Seeing the Chinese words broken down into individual components that pointed back toward the Bible with things such as the forbidden tree, the flood, righteousness, and sacrifice was definitely awesome to read. I have been recently studying apologetics and I have been reading about how we can't prove that God exists, but we can show evidence that supports whether or not God exists. So it was neat to see that there is evidence for God and the flood and the Garden of Eden in languages.

Unknown said...

i would like to be discussion leader on week 22 Julius Ceasar.

Unknown said...

I would like to be discussion leader on Week 20: Hannibal and the Punic Wars.

Unknown said...

And I would like my presentation be on Week 29:Constantine and the Transformation of Christianity.

Sam said...

Sam Martinez: I would like to sign up for my presentation on week 16: ancient Africa.

DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO POST?

If you have an item that you think we should post on this blog, write it up and click here to send it to us. New entries are reviewed at least once a week.