For your scene summaries please follow the scene-by-scene format outlined in your syllabus.
Your scene summaries should look like the examples included below. Please post a link to these on your homework check-list. Let me know if you have any questions or need any help!
Kind regards,
Dr. Parker
PS Consider using existing scenes from Jeeves and Wooster or elsewhere as your basis, it will make things much easier!
ROMAN BATH
Lucius, ADOLESCENT, is eating some grapes and reading a love note from VIRGO. He fans himself with the letter. PARASITUS walks in, gnawing on a turkey leg. He hides the turkey leg behind him. "So, I hear that your father is trying to block the marriage after all? Lucius is suddenly sad. "Yes, but you know what they say, love finds a way." The PARASITUS then offers to share a secret about his father, in exchange for lunch. The ADOLESCENT agrees, kissing the letter excitedly. They exit debating where to get food.
FOOD STALL
PARASITUS walks out wiping mouth, carrying a big bundle of food. "Well, I never knew that, but my father's birdwatching hardly seems to be good blackmail material." PARASITUS suddenly downcast, and then excited. "Actually, I do have a brilliant plan, but could we stop for some roast mice first, I think best when I'm not so hungry." ADOLESCENT looks at his wallet sadly. "Okay, but it had better be a good one this time or we're done."
MARKETPLACE – WALKING TOGETHER
"Now that is truly a brilliant idea, my friend." "It is foolproof." "If we simply offer him an all-expenses trip to Carthage to watch the great migration of the Punic Storks, there's no way he'll refuse." The PARASITUS, still munching on food, is very happy. They discuss how they will arrange for the pirates to capture the ADOLESCENT'S father only to have the ADOLESCENT rescue him and ask for one wish to be granted. "I'll ask to marry the woman of my dreams" he shouts excitedly. In walks, the MILES looking perturbed but takes a moment to kiss his bicep. "You are not going to believe what I just saw..."
Life of Augustus Caesar
Kind regards,
Dr. Parker
PS Consider using existing scenes from Jeeves and Wooster or elsewhere as your basis, it will make things much easier!
ROMAN BATH
Lucius, ADOLESCENT, is eating some grapes and reading a love note from VIRGO. He fans himself with the letter. PARASITUS walks in, gnawing on a turkey leg. He hides the turkey leg behind him. "So, I hear that your father is trying to block the marriage after all? Lucius is suddenly sad. "Yes, but you know what they say, love finds a way." The PARASITUS then offers to share a secret about his father, in exchange for lunch. The ADOLESCENT agrees, kissing the letter excitedly. They exit debating where to get food.
FOOD STALL
PARASITUS walks out wiping mouth, carrying a big bundle of food. "Well, I never knew that, but my father's birdwatching hardly seems to be good blackmail material." PARASITUS suddenly downcast, and then excited. "Actually, I do have a brilliant plan, but could we stop for some roast mice first, I think best when I'm not so hungry." ADOLESCENT looks at his wallet sadly. "Okay, but it had better be a good one this time or we're done."
MARKETPLACE – WALKING TOGETHER
"Now that is truly a brilliant idea, my friend." "It is foolproof." "If we simply offer him an all-expenses trip to Carthage to watch the great migration of the Punic Storks, there's no way he'll refuse." The PARASITUS, still munching on food, is very happy. They discuss how they will arrange for the pirates to capture the ADOLESCENT'S father only to have the ADOLESCENT rescue him and ask for one wish to be granted. "I'll ask to marry the woman of my dreams" he shouts excitedly. In walks, the MILES looking perturbed but takes a moment to kiss his bicep. "You are not going to believe what I just saw..."
Life of Augustus Caesar
Audio Version
No comments:
Post a Comment