For extra credit students may elect to do the Roman Bath challenge. It consists of 6 consecutive days of Roman bathing. Keep a diary for each day (in which you discuss the impact of the method) to share with class.
150 points.
Daily Process: please follow the steps in order.
1. Apply olive oil to your skin and massage it in thoroughly.
2. Apply a grit (dirt, coffee grounds, etc.) and roughly rub your skin with it.
3. Exercise for a few minutes to raise a slight sweat.
4. Scrape your skin thoroughly with a dull blade, removing all the sweat, oil, and grit.
5. Rinse yourself in a lukewarm bath with a wet sponge.
6. Start a very hot shower until the room steams up, remain in the steam for a few minutes.
7. While standing in the steam, rub your skin with a pumice stone.
8. Climb into the hottest bath water that you can stand.
9. Drain the water and run a small, ice cold bath.
10. Submerge yourself in the cold water as long as you can stand it.
11. Rub cream or oil into your skin after drying off, get a massage if possible.
12. Use the finest-tooth comb that you can find and brush your hair. (Around 100 strokes for long hair.)
You may not use any deodorants, soaps, or shampoo during the entire six days.
6 comments:
My Mother says that I will have to live in the backyard, and sleep in the tent for a week if I choose to do this.
Your kidding me right??
Could I do this next week? I have like 7 vivas to do, and I don't really have time to rub dirt on myself for an hour every day.
Sure!
I too am going to try to do it next week. Lol, am I crazy for wanting to do this?
I as well am doing it this week
Post a Comment