It was rather humorous in this weeks readings to see that the Jews were looking for deliverance from the Romans and not from sin. They were so focused on their physical oppression that they didn't realize the spiritual depression in their hearts. Jesus taught of the coming of the Kingdom of God (his return), but the Jews interpreted this to mean that Jesus had come to release them from Roman rule, to restore God's chosen people to their former glory.
Again, I can't seem to find the place where the Monday comments are. Is there a place just for Monday students? (I just want to be sure where to post my comment)
I found myself thinking throughout the reading how much of it was centered around the sins of others. The constant oppression of the Jews and the way the Romans were treating them. Then there was the part about Paulina and her story reeks of sin. The only part that did not have some mention of sin is the part about Jesus. this is so true to life! He is the only one with no sin! I thought it was cool how even in this reading that message is real.
Something I found amazing this week was how God could use something so horrible as the destruction of Jerusalem for his purpose and glory! God used this calamitous event to distinguish the differences between the early church and the Jewish environment, and to disperse Christians throughout the Roman Empire in order to spread the gospel. "And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose."-Romans 8:28
If you have an item that you think we should post on this blog, write it up and click here to send it to us. New entries are reviewed at least once a week.
7 comments:
It was rather humorous in this weeks readings to see that the Jews were looking for deliverance from the Romans and not from sin. They were so focused on their physical oppression that they didn't realize the spiritual depression in their hearts. Jesus taught of the coming of the Kingdom of God (his return), but the Jews interpreted this to mean that Jesus had come to release them from Roman rule, to restore God's chosen people to their former glory.
Mr. Parker,
Again, I can't seem to find the place where the Monday comments are. Is there a place just for Monday students? (I just want to be sure where to post my comment)
I found myself thinking throughout the reading how much of it was centered around the sins of others. The constant oppression of the Jews and the way the Romans were treating them. Then there was the part about Paulina and her story reeks of sin. The only part that did not have some mention of sin is the part about Jesus. this is so true to life! He is the only one with no sin! I thought it was cool how even in this reading that message is real.
Something I found amazing this week was how God could use something so horrible as the destruction of Jerusalem for his purpose and glory! God used this calamitous event to distinguish the differences between the early church and the Jewish environment, and to disperse Christians throughout the Roman Empire in order to spread the gospel. "And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose."-Romans 8:28
Will the quiz be covering this weeks readings or other weeks also?
@Anna, it will cover all recent material.
Post a Comment